Mission Of The Academy
Academy’s mission is to:
- Cater the needs of elected representatives of Panchayati Raj Institutions, Municipal bodies and administrative personnel of Panchayati Raj Institutions and Nagar Palika administration;
- Bridge the communication gap between the officials and non-officials of the Panchayati Raj and Nagar Palika Institutions;
- Conduct innovative study and research on contemporary political and socio-economic issues and problems in an inter-disciplinary perspective and to make available its findings and recommendations to the key policy makers at the helm of affairs for an appropriate action;
- Open a new vistas of the Academy’s programmes to various professional organisations in India and abroad for strengthening grassroots democratic theories and ideas; and
- Build regional, national and international networks, with organisations working on grassroots studies and research.